I can’t believe we packed up this morning and the bags are gone! Seriously, where did the summer go? It always amazes me how long the summer seems when we first arrive. The seven weeks stretch out in front of us with endless possibilities. Then all of a sudden the clock seems to speed up and the end is here. There may be only one day left, but we still have memories to make.
Once the hard work was done, we headed out to play. Today was our opportunity to finish up league games before banquet tomorrow night. It was also Challenge Day. Each cabin challenged another cabin to an activity. Marlins challenged Holiday to a kickball game in the circle. Dorado challenged the Red Sox to steal the bacon. Hershey, Regency, and Sigma played Gaga. On and on it went, and everyone had a blast playing against a cabin they normally wouldn’t have the opportunity to play against. After a BBQ lunch both girls camp and boys camp alternated swim.
Tonight is Cabaret! We are all busy getting dolled up for the big dance! Be sure to check out the pictures to see tonight’s theme. It’s top secret until the big reveal.
Yours in camping,
As the summer comes to an end, we wanted to once again express our appreciation for entrusting your children to us this summer. We believe that all of our campers had an amazing experienced and are coming home to you happy and fulfilled. We hope that your summer was as action packed and enjoyable as ours. We are already planning for the summer of 2016 and look forward to having your children once again being part of our Camp Green Lane summer family.
BUS STOP AND ARRIVAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR SATURDAY, AUGUST 15
(NOTE: all times are approximate)
PHILADELPHIA AND SOUTH JERSEY
1. Eagle Plaza Shopping Center, Berlin Road and Laurel Road 1 mile east of 295 in front of the Office Depot. Arrival time: 9:00-9:30 A.M.
2. Lafayette Hill Plymouth Whitemarsh High School. Arrival time: 9:15-9:30 A.M.
NEW YORK AND NORTH JERSEY
3. Vaux Hall Service Area (McDonald’s) Garden State Parkway (north side) at mile marker 142. Arrival time: 10:45-11:15 A.M.
4. Long Island – Eisenhower State Park, 1899 Hempstead Turnpike, East Meadow, NY, Parking Field # 1, Merrick Avenue entrance. Arrival time: 10:45-11:15 A.M.
5. Exit #8, New Jersey Turnpike Day’s Inn at Rte 33 & NJ Turnpike. Arrival time: 10:45-11:15 A.M.
PARENT PICK UP
6. Please call to verify your plans. Remember, no baggage will be available on the 15th.
7. Fort Lauderdale – US Air, Flight 2001, leaves PHL at 10:05 A.M., Arrive FLL at 1:00 P.M.
Jay and Adam