Since 1926, Camp Green Lane has served as a summer home away from home to campers from across the United States. Located on a quiet country road in rural Pennsylvania, we are located an hour from Philadelphia, and 90 minutes from New York City. What makes Camp Green Lane one of the best overnight camps near New Jersey?
- Our program! Our well-rounded daily schedules, built specifically for each bunk, are made up of activities from the “four A’s”: Athletics, Aquatics, Arts, and Adventure. While we use our considerable experience to schedule five out of seven periods of each day, we allow campers to choose the other two to tailor their experience. Each week they choose a new Clinic (sports skills, drills, and game play) and Elective (activity around camp to pursue in their own way at their own pace) to create their own camping adventure. Our choice-within-structure schedule helps to make us one of the best overnight camps near New Jersey!
- Our special events and trips! To spice up our already-exciting daily schedule of activities, we add in amazing special events and out-of-camp trips! We celebrate Halloween in July; have a carnival with games, rides, and prizes; host the CGL Olympic Games; have a Battle of the Divisions; put on camp shows; and so much more! Our out-of-camp trips include bowling, ice skating, Dorney Park, Hershey Park, mini golf, and movies, just to name a few. The best week of the entire summer though, according to most of our campers, is Color War. Campers are split into green and white teams who engage in fierce-but-friendly competition to see who will emerge victorious. Our amazing events and trips make us one of the best overnight camps near New Jersey!
- Our focus on the health, happiness and wellbeing of our summer family. Our round-the-clock infirmary staff consists of 1 doctor, 2 RNs and a “camp mom” should a little extra TLC be necessary. Grand View hospital is just seven miles down the road from camp. Our chefs prepare 3 meals per day which focus on both nutrition and great taste. Our entire campus is nut-free and we prepare special menus to accommodate our friends with specific dietary needs. Our eye on details to keep our campers safe and healthy make us one of the best overnight camps near New Jersey!
- Our staff! Our entire staff attends a five-day orientation prior to camper arrival so that they know what is expected of them and what to expect. Each of our 7 division supervisors is a parent and a teacher and is there to act as a surrogate parent to all of their campers. Our supervisors keep in frequent contact with parents via phone and email. Our staff members are there to help our campers create lasting memories and are truly what help to make Camp Green Lane of the best overnight camps near New Jersey.
- Our commitment to you. As parents ourselves, we know that sending your child away for any length of time is a major decision. We are here to assure you that for the seven weeks that they are in our care, we think of each child as our own. We want them to return to you at the end of the summer happier, more confident and more independent, having tried new things and had new experiences. And to know that they are part of a supportive and loving summer family.
We would love for you to visit us to see just how all of these things make Camp Green Lane one of the best overnight camps near New Jersey!
Fill out the form to request more information!